Digital transformation is putting a strong spotlight on how organizations think of leadership and talent. For more than a decade, when talking technology, the focus has been on how to fill the demand for certain IT skills in Africa. But in the digital era, the issue of having the right skills and capabilities available in the organization has become more far reaching – and much more crucial. SVK’s Africa Skills: Leadership and Capabilities for Digital Transformation service helps organizations understand the impact of digital transformation on leadership and IT skills as well as on other jobs, how stakeholders (e.g. employers, governments and academia) are addressing their skills needs internally and through partnerships and the importance of certifications and skills frameworks to develop the talent needed for the future.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Talent and capabilities needed for successful digital transformation
- Forecast of demand for IT skills in Africa
- Strategies for skills development
- Assess the importance of certification
- Development of skills ecosystems across Africa
- Impact of upskill/reskill programs in the light of technology change
- The emergence of skills hubs in Africa
- Top Technology Roles and Skills in Demand in Africa, 2021
- Strategies for Addressing the Technology Skills Gap in Africa
- Upskilling and Reskilling Your Tech Talent to meet Demand from New Technologies
- Demand for IT Skills in Africa, 2021-2025
- How to Build Requirements and Processes around Skills Sourcing
- Creating an Agile Skills Management Strategy
- Inclusion and Diversity in Technology Professions
In addition to the insight provided in this service, SVK may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is expected from successful leadership in the digital transformation era?
- What are the best practices for developing the right talent and skills for digital transformation?
- How important is certification and will this change as new IT professional skills framework develop?
- What is the demand for IT skills in Africa and how will it grow over the next five years?
- What are the relevant strategies to address the skills gap, including attracting women into tech profession?
- How will the “next normal” influence the requirements for digital skills?